Crammed and Spaced Scarves


All 3 Crammed and Spaced scarves are off the loom. The warp of all 3 is 8/2 tencel in light green with a taupe border. The top scarf has a forest green 8/2 tencel weft, the middle is a taupe 8/2 tencel weft (the same color as the border), and the bottom is a light green 8/2 bamboo weft. The pure tencel ones are very soft, but I think the bamboo one will get softer over time.
Check out my awesome hem stitch!
As a reminder, here is how this one looked on the loom:
This one with the taupe weft is becoming a gift tonight, so I went ahead and took lots of pictures. More of the others to come.

note: The inspiration for these scarves came from the Crammed and Spaced chapter of The Handweaver's Pattern Directory, by Anne Dixon

Comments

  1. Oooh, I love the pattern.

    May I ask what is the pattern called (and can you do it with a 4 shaft loom?)

    Thanks (bit embarrassed because of the number of questions I'm asking you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spyder,
    The pattern is just a twill but with larger spacing at 2 points in the warp.
    It could definitely be done with just four shafts.
    I recommend that you take a look at "The Handweaver's Pattern Directory: Over 600 Weaves for Four-Shaft Looms" by Anne Dixon. It is an extremely functional book of patterns from which I am always taking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, have just ordered this book, thanks for saying what it was, it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts