Oregon Coast Leg Warmers

I spent last week on the Oregon Coast with my extended family and I wanted to do something crafty while I was on vacation. And on the Oregon Coast, even though it is June, it tends to be chilly and rainy, which makes leg warmers appealing.

I am not a knitter. This is only my second ever knitting project. You might wonder why I would leap right into knitting in the round if I don't really know how to knit. The only reason I want to learn to knit is to knit in the round. I am not interested in knitting rectangles, because I can weave rectangles. I see knitting as a way to make hats, gloves, socks, and legwarmers.

In all honesty, this project started as fingerless mittens, but even a thumb hole was too much for me. So the project became just a tube. And originally they were intended to be worn the other way around, with the white part on top, but they didn't fit that way because one end is narrower than the other. I have a lot to learn. And luckily, I get to make the other one.

Comments

Popular Posts