Finished Margaret Lucille Wrap

See that? That is the end of the warp, which is always a lovely thing to see!
Here is what the pretty "front" of the fabric looked like while it was still on the loom. The back is solid gold with just a shadow of the stripes. Once I've completed the finishing touches, I'll put a picture of it up.
It always cracks me up to weave with toilet paper.
I'm trying to develop a habit of weaving a little sample that is separate from the main project so that I can keep a tangible example for my records. But I'm realizing that doing it at the end like this makes for more wasted warp. It would be more efficient to weave two identical projects at once and put the sample in the middle between them.

I set Gus on the task of coming up with a better name for my etsy shop. In the car yesterday I threw some weaving terms at him and he tried to come up with clever names. His favorite is "Jesus Weft." I don't think I'm going to use that. But I do kind of like "Deft Weft." I'll have to think about it for a while.

Comments

Popular Posts