A Three Pie Month

This is a silly post about pie.
For Christmas, my lovely mother-in-law gave me an ALL PIE cookbook. Now, I'm a pie fan, so that's a pretty cool thing to own. And for the past month I have been baking pies!First was this amazing strawberry and sour cream pie with a graham cracker crust. It was supposed to be a blackberry and sour cream pie, but upon opening my mother's freezer, we discovered that she had no more frozen blackberries from our summer adventures. But she did have frozen strawberries!
This one is my pride and joy. It's a banoffee pie. That's the best crust from scratch I've ever achieved, a layer of home-made butter brickle, a layer of raw banana slices, delicious Boston cream, and a generous portion of whipped cream. Yay!
And the one we are currently working our way through is this lovely chocolate walnut pie. This one bears resemblence to something my mom used to make called "Kentucky Derby Pie." But this one is a little less sweet because it uses unsweetened chocolate rather than chocolate chips. It's basically a pecan pie, but with chocolate and walnuts.

Comments

  1. I've just eaten and I've got the munchies just looking at them.

    I love cooking recipe books, what's the book called?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts