Not Quite

This is my first time weaving with bamboo. And this 8/2 stuff is pretty difficult. I've been having a lot of trouble with the bobbin. I guess I'm spoiled by Tencel, which winds so smoothly. I'm learning that I can't be too ambitious with the amount that I wind onto a bobbin, and I need to make sure that it goes on very even so that I doesn't get too caught up on itself while I'm weaving. What is worse than feeling the shuttle catch and pull on your selvedges? Gaa, it's like fingernails on a chalk board.
And while this project is not quite what I was expecting, I guess I like how it is turning out. This warp is so short that I'll be done in no time. Heck, I could finish it tonight if eating ice cream with my husband wasn't so much more important.
How does bamboo turn out after washing? I hope I left enough warp to make a little sample with which I can experiment washing methods.

Comments

Popular Posts